Pruning is the most common structural tree care practice performed by Tree Specialists. We take great care to evaluate the needs of each specimen individually, and apply the proper technique to achieve the desired objective.
This may include:
- crown cleaning – to reduce dead, dying, or poorly
formed limbs within the canopy
- crown reduction – for reducing the physical size
and weight of individual limbs or the entire canopy
- crown thinning – for improving light and air flow
through the canopy
- crown raising – for providing clearance over buildings,
sidewalks, paths, driveways or understory plantings
- specialty pruning – artistic pruning to achieve a
desired shape and form
Properly pruned trees are more attractive and structurally stable, better able to withstand the ravages of our stormy New England weather. All of Tree Specialists pruning treatments are based on the ANSI A300 Pruning Standards, recognized by professional arborists nationwide.
Learn more about Structural Pruning.